thanks for your interest in GRAPHEK
Ellen had wanted help crafting language for our careers page – basically something that says we’re not looking for help but are always open to receiving applications. Our current copy on our site is as follows:
An open position at GRAPHEK is rare, but we’re always looking to meet energetic and conceptual graphic designers who enjoy solving visual problems in a collaborative environment.
Working at GRAPHEK isn’t for the faint of heart; we expect a lot from our team because going the extra mile for our clients is one of our top priorities. We look for motivated, smart designers who prefer to sketch on paper first, thinking through solutions before hitting the computer.
Please reach out to with your resume and portfolio. No calls please.
Our designers are tasked with:
- Successfully conceptualizing, researching, sketching and executing projects in a timely manner.
- Brainstorming and collaborating with our creative team, client and partners.
- Managing multiple projects from start to finish in a fast-paced environment.
- Working closely with our creative director, designers, clients, printers and vendors.
- Effectively communicating with team members, proactively asking questions in order to avoid unnecessary revisions and accepting constructive feedback in a professional manner.
- Prioritizing and effectively managing time, ensuring successful project completion.
Potential designers should be:
- In possession of a bachelors degree in graphic design.
- Practicing professional graphic design for at least 2 years (preferred).
- Proficient in Creative Cloud, particularly InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop (Knowledge of After Effects and Premiere is also a big plus).
- Knowledgeable with typographic and layout skills.
- An excellent communicator with good writing skills.
- Excellent at managing time.
- Knowledgeable in print production.
- A team player that works well collaboratively.
- Ready to manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Eager to learn and not afraid to try new things.
- Prepared with excellent work ethics.
- Proficient with illustration skills.
- Understanding in web design basics.
- Confident with humility.
A little about us:
GRAPHEK is a multi-service graphic design studio defined by creative excellence, purpose-driven work and talent who view our clients as partners so that—together—we can inspire, empower and improve our world.
We’re good-hearted, thoughtful designers who take our work seriously. We come from different backgrounds with a common interest and passion for design.